Cedar Planked Salmon with Dill Sauce
The best way to describe planking is it bring a different texture to your fish, and it takes out some of the fishy taste. If your like my husband, nothing taste worse than fishy fish, right?
Recipe type: Main
- 1 cedar grilling plank, soaked 1 hour
- 4- 5oz.salmon filets
- 3 tsp. Sweet & Smokey Ellbee's Garlic, or 3 tsp. Lemon Citrus Ellbee's Garlic
- Dill Sauce:
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Mayo (not Miracle Whip)
- 1 package Hardy Dill Dip Mix'
- green onion, optional
- Soak plank in water for at least one hour.
- Rub salmon steaks with Ellbee's Garlic of choice.
- Meanwhile let's make the sauce:
- Mix all ingredients in bowl and let chill for one hour.
- Heat grill to 350* or medium high heat
- Place small cut of foil under plank if using a gas or charcoal grill. If using indirect heat no foil is necessary. Cook for 15 minutes until fish is done to likeness.
- Plate and drizzle sauce on top or serve on the side for a dipper.
- What's nice about salmon this way it's great served hot or at room temperature.
- We started serving this for Easter along with ham and the family just loves it!