Crusty Grilled Sandwiches
Recipe type: sandwich
- •1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- •1/2 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- •1 teaspoon Ellbee’s Original, or Tuscan
- •8 slices sourdough bread (1/2 in thick)
- •8 oz sliced Monetary Jack cheese
- •8 oz sliced deli ham
- •4 tsp Dijon mustard
- •1 med tomato, sliced into 8 thin slices (optional)
- Mix Parmesan cheese, butter and Ellbee’s, mix well.
- Butter bread slices with mixture (yummy)
- Evenly layer Monetary Jack cheese and ham. For each sandwich, spread ham with 1 tsp mustard; top with 2 tomato slices. Cover with remaining bread.
- Place on griddle or pan. Cook over medium head 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cut sandwiches in half with serrated knife.
- •Yield: 4 sandwiches
- Southwest Crusty Grilled Sandwiches: Use Chipotle Herb Ellbee's in butter, Hot pepper cheese, and substitute turkey for ham. Add fresh cilantro, or basil. Prepare as recipe directs.