This is a tasty recipe from my daughter in law Amy. She is becoming a very good cook theses days and enjoying Ellbee's in everything!
Author: Amy Norris
Recipe type: Main
- 1 T Ellbee's Asian Zing
- 1½ c water
- 2 T orange juice
- ¼ c lemon juice
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- 2½ T soy sauce
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 T water
- 3 T cornstarch
- Your favorite vegetable: chopped celery, snow peas, onions
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 c all purpose flour, or rice flour to make it Gluten free
- 2 tsp. Original Ellbee's
- 3 T olive oil
- Pour water, orange juice, vinegar and soy sauce into pan over medium heat. Stir in Ellbee's Asian Zing and brown sugar. Bring to boil. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken into resealable plastic bag, add Ellbee's Original and shake until chicken is coated, add 1 cup of cooled sauce to chicken and shake until coated. Place in frig for 1 hour.
- In another plastic bag, add flour. Place chicken in and coat with flour. In large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, place chicken into skillet and brown on all sides.Remove chicken and place on paper towel. Wipe skillet to remove drippings. Add remaining sauce to skillet bring to boil, meanwhile mix cornstarch with 2 T water. Stir into sauce. Reduce heat to medium, add vegetables and chicken, simmer for 15 minutes. Serve over rice. Garnish with green onions (optional)