Broccoli Soup on Ellbee’s
Broccoli Soup on Ellbee's
Enjoy on a cool evening..
Recipe type: soups
- 1 large bunch of broccoli, chopped into small pieces. You may use some of the stems also.
- 1 medium onion, or leek
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon Ellbee's Garlic: Original, Tuscan, Lemon Zest or Asian Zing
- 1 qt chicken stock "MSG free"
- 2 additional Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ c. cream
- ½ block Velveeta cheese, cubed
- In large pot, sauté 2 T. butter with onion, Ellbee's and broccoli until onion is transparent. 5 minutes on medium heat. Add chicken stock and cook for 30 minutes, covered. Add cheese.
- Meanwhile make your roux in small saucepan by melting 2 tablespoons butter and adding 2 tablespoons flour and a Little cream.
- When broccoli is tender, add roux in pot. Simmer a few minutes. At this point you may cool slightly and run through blender for creamy soup, or serve as a hearty soup. Then add cream and stir. Served garnished with croûtons and Parmesan cheese.
- Tips: This recipe works great with cauliflower, asparagus or roasted red peppers for other tasty soup finishes.
- PS Don't forget the crusty Ellbee's Garlic Bread!!